Hope

Hope

Pray

Pray

Work

Work

Repent

Repent

Old-friends still young

Tuesday 10 February 2009

Remember that small, not-so-modern but comfy classroom...
Remember the dusty blackboard, nearly torn apart duster, those 25 new desks and chairs...
Remember the sweet, dainty Science teacher, the loud & strict English teacher, the motherly Maths teacher and the hardworking Malay teacher...
Remember the large green field, the 3 flag poles, the gloomy pathway, the small and over-crowded cafetaria and the very quiet library...

I came from a not-so-famous primary school. If I mentioned it once, people would be like "...huh???". That's the truth. My school is not as famous as KGV or SK Puteri or St. Paul.
Not many have heard of the name SRI Seremban. And it's location is not along the way to the town, or even somewhere else.
And you might feel like an introvert when you're in a group of students from all schools as the fact that your school is not government-supported, moreover it's private school.
That's the inconvenient truth about my school.

But honestly...as I grow older, I realize how lucky I was to be there.
The stuffs I got from there...the knowledge, friendship, love, being able to be independent, learning to differentiate the right from wrong and the best of all...having to set my dreams.

The teachers were so committed, loving, motherly, sincere...and all good things I wish to say.
Being in the standard six gave me a lot of sweet and sour memories.
From a little girl who knew so little, I grew up becoming someone.

The classroom and all it's content were the most interesting part of school.
We didn't wear shoes in the class as we had the carpet.
At the back of the class was the place where...we had a such a wonderful time despite our BIG exam year.
And..the thing that made our senior year in such an isolated school so memorable was...we had such a wonderful afternoon break every Friday.
Know what happened?
We had the afternoon break earlier than any other days.
The teacher would tell us to go to the back of the class and sleep.
Yup, no kidding. We had to sleep.
Sweet, huh?
At first, we were like "no way", "how could we sleep???" and many other complaints.
But later, it was like a miracle had happened that we all slept soundlessly.
The purpose was to let us regain our energy for the next hours of lecture later on that day.

Friends...
Well, in class 6 As-Syafie, we only had 25 students at that time.
According to the alphabetical order, I became the 25th. (anyway...it's always like that, huhu)
Girls were more than boys, as usual.
Our class had the most number of prefects and even the head prefect was in that class.
As far as I could remember, the boys were Hakim, Rusydi, Abu, Iqbal, Azizi, Safwan (both), Fuad, Fadzil, Fadzli.
The girls were Herda, Dee, Nad, Farah Asilah, Fatimah, Aishah, Khadeejah, Fatin Afifah, Dhamirah, Azura, Ain Syafiqah, Izyan, Asmak, Salwa and me. Actually, I'm not so sure about this coz we had
We had the best of memories, the biggest wars, the sweetest tales and the happy ending.

Some of them are still keeping in touch with me.
Almost half of us went to the same secondary school.

God..I wish I could put their photos in here. But I don't know why it won't work right now.
Maybe later.
Anyway...now that all of us had finish secondary school, we all go and follow our separate ways.
Some of them were heard of, some lost contact.
I remembered and will always remember who they were and the memories we had together.

0 play the melodies:

Related Posts with Thumbnails