Hope

Hope

Pray

Pray

Work

Work

Repent

Repent

And the reason...

Monday 30 April 2012

People kept on asking me why I don't participate in a debate competition anymore.

I said "...because of reasons". haha

Well, the truth is....


I was a debater. But when I'm in a competition, I'll always aim to win. Then I'll do whatever it takes to win. Thus I might say false facts, random false sentences, or even contradict my own principle towards an issue in order to win. Truly, I feel bad. Even if I win, I'll still feel bad. Because naturally, I'm not a debater. I love to explain to people, in a motivating way. And that's not what you can do when you're debating.

To say things seems easy. To me, yes and no. I can say every word I wrote, but then I'll ask myself for the truth behind each word. I'm not a kind of a person who just say things without doing things.

The sudden feel of horror I felt every time I debated enthusiastically made me realize how I had done so many mistakes with my tongue and my mind.

Do what you say~

2 play the melodies:

fnma said...

nice one. so the only way for your hardcore fans to hear your British accent would be through public speaking, izzit? :P

30 April 2012 at 19:22
Sarah Mustaza said...

or if I get invited to be Madame Speaker again next year >__<

30 April 2012 at 21:03
Related Posts with Thumbnails